Wednesday, January 25, 2012

More Wiggling




I was able to complete three more squares last evening.  I was glad that I read about pressing and the importance of it.  These 3 squares were more complex, but they came out square! 

As I reflect on the process of sewing the pieces together, I see how with practice I am becoming better and faster at making the squares. They are coming out square and I am more confident. I understand the importance of pressing each seam before sewing the next one. Practice makes perfect, as the saying goes. Students get better in inquiry the more they are allowed to practice it and the more they are allowed choices, as we were allowed choices with our inquiry subject.

2 comments:

  1. Wow! You make it seem so easy. I can't wait to see the finished product. blessings, lisa

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is pretty easy, when I didn't have to decide colors, designs or cut out the shapes! I can't wait to see it finished either!

    ReplyDelete