Friday, February 10, 2012

oops! - Webbing?

I have anxiously been waiting to here from the lady machine-quilting my pieced top.  Well, I heard from her yesterday and I made a mistake, but it's easily fixable.  She just wanted to know how to proceed.  I made the quilt king size but her machine will only go as wide as a queen size.  I really didn't need it to be a king size.  I just had extra fabric and added it to the two sides because it was available.  Basically she is simply trimming the sides a few inches.  She said I may get it back today! 

That was something I didn't think to ask; how large could the quilt be?  So I made a mistake, but it was fixable and I learned from it.  So it's all good right? And according to How to Accept and Learn from your mistakes, I should be happy! 

"People who can learn from their mistakes are often some of the happiest folks around. They understand that life comes with its natural ups and downs, and they're not afraid to look themselves in the mirror, admit that they were wrong and move on to their next endeavor."
This may not be a professional-type quote.  I wouldn't use it in professional writing, but it got me smiling!

No comments:

Post a Comment